Coronavirus - Covid-19 : Military Direct / Ammo & Company - Update
Coronavirus / Covid-19: Keeping you safe and well
The rapidly changing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a source of uncertainty for all of us. We know you are concerned, and so are we.
At times like this, communication is critical. I am writing today to share what we’re doing in response to this public health crisis and to let you know how we’ll continue to provide you with the high level of support and service you’ve come to expect from us.
Primarily, the health and safety of our community—our employees, customers, and partners—is our top priority. We have had conversations with many of our customers and suppliers in recent days about the developing situation with Covid-19, and we have been heartened and inspired by the positive and pragmatic outlooks that have been shared with us. While we embrace this optimistic outlook, we would also like to take the opportunity to assure you that we are taking every possible step to play our part in protecting and preparing you for every eventuality.
We have been and will continue to monitor and implement formal advice from the government, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation.
At the core is a full action plan, which fundamentally creates segregation within the workforce:
- All our staff members are fully aware of current advice and requirements and regularly briefed with updates.
- A system of ‘teams’ has been introduced within departments, with separate facilities, in order to duplicate activities where possible.
- Working hours have changed in the warehouse to prevent any overlap of shifts and to allow for the extra cleaning of crucial areas and equipment.
- In line with the latest advice from the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer, any member of our team who has a fever and/or has a new, persistent cough is to stay at home for at least fourteen days.
- We have handwashing facilities on every floor of our HQ, wall-mounted clinical-grade hand washing instructions in our toilets, and wall-mounted and freestanding hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the building, including in the entrance.
- We have ample supplies of disposable gloves in our building, which are worn, and our staff are sanitising at regular intervals.
- An ‘off-site’ office facility has been set up, which has no physical link to Ammo HQ current office areas.
- Staff business travel offsite has suspended, and likewise visitor access on-site, with all business meeting being conducted via phone or video link.
We can confirm that all in the business will be working hard to ensure that Ammo & Company and its subsidiaries continue to provide high service levels that are unaffected by these measures and that we will be maintaining the usual order deadlines, shipping schedules and other SLAs, subject to our carriers also doing so.
We have temporarily asked those employees whose roles allow them to work remotely at least until Friday, 24 April 2020, at which point we will re-assess. It is quite possible that we will extend that time, and we are planning as if we will. However, we are keeping our re-evaluation cycles short given our learnings—the evolution and additional information we gain on this, even day-to-day, is significant.
We will be monitoring developments and official advice closely and implementing any, additional measures we feel are necessary and beneficial to protect your health and safety.
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about any aspect of current events or our response, please do not hesitate to speak to any of the team. We ask in the first instance to email us to email@example.com rather than call with your query, and our team will get back to you as quickly as they can.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support, loyalty, and the trust you place in us.
As at all times, we take our responsibilities to help protect your health and safety incredibly seriously, and we would like to assure you that, you continue to be in the safest possible place, and hands, at Ammo & Company.
Assuring you of our best attention always,